As we’re well into the month of September now, with Labor Day behind us and the unofficial end of summer here, it’s time to ramp up your efforts and focus on what you can accomplish for the remainder of the calendar year.
Not sure where to start? Here are five things you can do right now to not only finish 2020 strong but to set yourself up for a great start to 2021:
- Start by readjusting your 30-60-90 day game plan. Review your year-to-date numbers and guestimate what you think you’ll bring in from your existing clients, as well as what you’ll close from your pipeline. This will tell you exactly how much new business you need to bring in this year to hit your goal. Then, instead of dividing that number by four months, divide it by three to give yourself some cushion to account for the holidays and the fact that we’re already into September.
- Kick your activity levels up a notch. For example, if you’re normally making five calls a day, start making ten calls a day. This is the best time of the year to go pedal to the metal as high activity levels will lead to higher results.
- Don’t forget to ask. It’s easy to get unsolicited referrals from clients and centers of influences, but if we don’t ask for referrals we’re just waiting around until one comes to us.
- Do first things first. There’s a reason people go after the low-hanging fruit. Focus on the better markets, the better opportunities and the better centers of influences. This is where your time is best spent right now.
- Keep in mind that your time is your most valuable commodity. Make the most out of your time by getting organized, being methodical and creating efficiencies for all you do. And above all else, keep “squeezing the lemon!”
Need more help kicking your efforts into high gear this fall and setting yourself up for success?
At BDU, we recognize that selling in 2020 presents a brand new set of challenges and requires an adjustment to proven methods. On Wednesday, October 14th, join us as BDU’s CEO Lisa Peskin presents “The Top Ten Secrets of Success for Today’s Sales Environment.”
In this complimentary one-hour webinar, Lisa will share the sales secrets she’s gathered from some of the top performers and discuss how they can be applied to today’s sales world. You’ll learn strategies to not only meet but exceed your goals, end the year on a strong note and get ready to hit the ground running for an amazing 2021.
Space is very limited; sign up early so you don’t miss this opportunity! REGISTER