We’ve all been there with an initially warm prospect that’s suddenly gone cold. You’re trying to close the sale and they’re just not moving forward. Maybe they’ve stopped returning your calls or emails, or they’re responding with some strong pushback. When you need to re-engage your unresponsive prospects, there are several things you can do to move things forward.
How exactly do you get the ball moving forward again so you can close the sale?
BDU has a few proven tactics you can implement to re-engage your cold leads and turn them back into warm prospects:
- Remind them of their goals. There was a reason they were interested in your product or service in the first place. Revisit their original reasons for wanting to work together, and remind them of the goals they are trying to achieve and the problems you can help them solve.
- Create a sense of urgency. Show them why it’s important that they don’t wait implement your solutions to their problems and what benefits will come from making a decision sooner rather than later.
- Provide them with an incentive to move quickly. Offer a percentage off your total product price or services if they sign up or make a purchase by a certain date, or throw in something for free if they make a move now. Offer them a bonus or deal to make their decision right away.
- Let them know you’re ready whenever they are. Perhaps you’ve already put a team together to work with them or you have their products ordered and in stock. Make sure they know you have everything available and that you’re ready to go.
- Offer to hold products or services for them if they sign up now but aren’t ready to use them. Maybe they need to do a few more things in preparation, which is why they’re dragging their feet. Offer them the option of getting everything set up right now so they can take advantage of your early discounts and have everything in place and waiting for them.
Need more assistance dealing with how to re-engage your unresponsive prospects and other sales challenges you’re facing? There are a few ways BDU can help:
Outsourced Sales Management – BDU will manage your sales team to help your associates close more sales, even with the toughest clients.
One-on- One Sales Coaching – Work with an experienced BDU coach to learn proven sales strategies and shorten your sales cycle.
Public Sales Workshops – Join BDU for an upcoming 2-day training session, where you’ll learn techniques for creating your sales process, overcoming objections and more.
Contact us for more information about our services and classes, and start closing more sales today.