Lisa’s Takeaways for Sales Leaders from the Extreme Sales Summit 2020
Lisa was thrilled to be a part of the Extreme Sales Summit last month, where she presented to sales leaders on how to run effective meetings with their teams. She was greatly honored to be included in this three-day event alongside incredible long-time sales superstars who had a major influence on her early in her career, including Brian Tracy, who she remembers listening to back in the 90’s on a cassette tape in her car!
During Lisa’s presentation, she shared the top ten secrets of running world-class sales meetings, especially in today’s selling environment.
The number one key for sales leaders running a meeting to keep in mind? Always make sure you are well-prepared and using your time together wisely!
As a sales leader, there are only four times you can make an impact on your direct reports:
- When you are going out in the field together or conducting joint appointments
- In your everyday ad hoc interactions
- During your one-on-one meetings, which you should be having on at least a monthly basis
- During your team meetings
If you’re going to be pulling all of your salespeople out of the field or away from their business development efforts for team meetings, you need to make sure you’re not meeting just to meet.
In order to hold a world-class sales meeting:
- Be prepared, don’t wing it and make the most of your time together
- Identify and understand what you are trying to accomplish, then prepare and structure the meeting so it has the biggest impact on your sales team during the allocated time
- Keep the meeting brief and don’t go off on too many tangents
- Look for ways to inspire and motivate
What other tips for world-class sales meetings do you feel we should add to this list? Let us know in the comments below – we’d love to hear from you!