If you’re a sales leader, you’ve likely heard us say that your job description is just one line: to help your direct reports be as successful as possible. As we’re well into the summer and have officially started the second half of the year, it’s the perfect time to re-energize your sales team and reassess the ways in which you’ll help them be as successful as possible for the rest of the year.
Not sure where to start? It’s a great time to:
- Provide them with a status update. Let them know how everything has been going so far, and articulate your vision and goals for the second half of the year.
- Recognize top performers. Acknowledge those at the top for the first half of the year and determine what contests or bonuses to implement for the rest of the year to focus on any key areas.
- Schedule regular one-on-one meetings. If you’re not already doing so, make sure you regularly schedule plan-and-review sessions with each of your direct reports.
- Schedule regular team meetings. Figure out what you might be able to start doing to make these meetings more motivating and impactful.
- Set up training and development. Determine what activities will best help your team sharpen their skills.
- Determine individual triage areas. If you haven’t already done so, figure out the three key areas for each person that, if improved upon, will have the biggest impact on their performance. If you’ve already set their triage areas, now is a great time to make sure they’re still the right areas to focus on for the biggest impact and make any necessary adjustments.
- Determine your triage areas. What are the three areas that you need to improve so that you can be the best leader possible and make the biggest impact on your team’s performance?
Need more help guiding your sales team to success this year and beyond? Contact BDU to learn how we can assist you with development plans for addressing individual and team triage areas, coordinate customized training and learning opportunities, and much more.