Every Sales Manager has a one-line job description – to make their sales associates as successful as possible. There are 5 key areas that every Sales Manager should be focusing on so that they have a handle on their team’s goals and motivations:
- Average Sale – If we divide out the total sales needed by the average sale, it will tell us how many sales we need
- Close Ratio- Once we know the close ratio we can back out our metrics, which tell us how many proposals we need to hit our goals
- Sales Associates Triage Areas – Top 3 areas that if improved upon will have the biggest impact on performance
- Sales Plan – Every team member should have a 30/60/90 day plan that includes activity and results goals and there should be a weekly meeting to review what is working and not working
- Motivation – Know what motivates each team member. Not everyone has the same level of motivation and it is important to understand what works for each person individually on the team
To receive more BDU Tips, sign up for our newsletter!